Old October 26th 04, 12:53 AM
Kendt Eklund

Default Anyone use an nForce2 on-board GF4MX for sims?

I'm getting ready to sell a processor and some memory to my brother to
put together a game rig, primarily for race sims (GPL, LFS, maybe some
newer stuff like F1c/mods).
Since the step up to any graphics card that's worth an upgrade from my
9700pro is still a bit too steep, and he's looking to save as much as
possible I recommended he get a nForce2 board with the IGP so he'd at
least have some type of 3d acceleration to start with (it's trivially
more expensive than a board without).
Anyone have experiences using the nForce2 IGP with sims, and maybe
other games? Is it slow enough that's its not worth bothering with?

TIA for any info!
Kendt

BTW this is for a AMD XP 2400+ CPU w/512 or 1gb RAM.