Old January 21st 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy7

Default F1 comes to iRacing

"Mika Takala" > wrote in message
> On 18.1.2010 17:55, APLer wrote:
>> (Andrew MacPherson) wrote in
>> :
>> The A1 ring isn't a bad track. A bit short however.
>>

> Most of the A1-Ring track, formerly named Österreichring, has been
> demolished. The owner of Red Bull tried to redevelop the pit and main
> grandstand area after the last GP was held there, and bulldozed pretty
> much everything in 2004. The local goverment didn't then come up with the
> money and support to rebuild it, so the track was left in a bad,
> non-drivable state - at least it is not laser-scannable for iRacing use.
>
> Recent news from Wikipedia state that the track should reopen for DTM use
> by the end of this year, but I'm sceptical if even Red Bull has the money
> to rebuild grandstands and pit area for just one major class of racing.
>
> The A1-Ring did produce some of the best F1 races, there was always good
> overtaking spots and nice elevations, and the drivers liked it too.
>
> --
> Mika Takala

Don't try to sell that dude from Redbull, that SOB has 30x more money than
he can possibly spend, hell I was watching a program where he was
refurbishing a freaking 60's jetliner, to the tune of something (if I recall
the program at all) 30 million. 30 million plus the hangers he built for
them, to display them, jesus h chrysler man... next year them drinks will
be 4 bucks a can (instead of 3.5 bucks a freaking can) you know that is more
than I ever paid for a beer delivered one at a time at a club around here...

me bets that you will have your track rebuilt.

plow