Old October 23rd 04, 02:04 AM
Marco

Default different gear shift rod length?

Hi,

does anyone happen to know if VW used different lengths for rod that
runs from the gear shift to the transmission (in the center tunnel)?

I have heard from several people who say that VW used different sizes
(length) for the beetles produced from 1968 to 2003.

One guy said that the length was the same for models produced from
68-72 and that the part number was 113 711 155.

This might explain why I keep on having problems shifting into the
right gear. I have a 2003 beetle on a 71 platform.

Thanks for any help,

Marco