Old September 26th 05, 09:08 PM
L Bader

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:33:51 -0700, "Dana H. Myers"
> wrote:

>Leon van Dommelen wrote:
>> Lanny Chambers > wrote:

>>>Actually, I think he pretty much nailed the Mustang GT. Almost no owner
>>>will use half of such a car's capabilities on the street,

>> Or its capability to take its own line through the corners with
>> its live rear axle?

>The live rear axle is a controversial topic among many Mustang
>enthusiasts. Every time Ford floats a trial balloon about upgrading
>the suspension to something more modern, the Hardcore Enthusiasts
>win out. The Mustang SVO was a lesson Ford hasn't forgotten - there's
>only so much progress their customers want.
>
>Dana

The live axel wasn't just a customer driven decision, but also a
performance vs cost decision. -- The minimal performance gains for
the large cost delta was deemed a poor exchange.

Considering the performance and features gained in a fully dressed GT
for about $28K, I could easily live without the IRS. (And it gives
room for "growth" when the Shelbys come out next year...)

- L

'97 STO, "Chouki"

// Change TEJAS to TX to reply via eMail //