Old September 26th 05, 05:23 PM
Dana H. Myers

pws wrote:

> I would bet heavy money on the Pontiac making many more trips to the
> shop by 100K miles than the MX-5 as well.

I have a 1998 Chevy Monte Carlo, a daily-driver car. It has 127k miles
on it now. At 125k miles, the multi-function turn-signal switch stopped
working reliably; $180 later, the car was whole again. The Monte Carlo
is the same basic platform as a '98 Grand Prix.

My 2002 MX-5 SE has been to the shop for:

- power antenna gets stuck when starting the car
- gas tank filler causes premature shut-off

and it has the infamous clutch "judder", which I opted to live
with until clutch replacement time rather than deal with the
hassle of taking the car to the dealer once or twice to get it
fixed. All of these things before 30k miles.

Dana