Old February 24th 11, 10:54 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

Default Audi body design errors

On Feb 23, 3:47*am, laurentien > wrote:
> On Feb 18, 12:18*pm, AD > wrote:
>

> > On Feb 18, 1:23*am, laurentien > wrote:

> > > Dear folks,

> > > yesterday I took my very reliable Audi 80 for some service at the Audi
> > > dealer an did try the A5 and A7 five door cars.

> > > Altough these cars look very nice and the interior trim is as good as
> > > it gets with even an ergonomic control panel (at last), those two cars
> > > are now plagued by body design errors which you do not find on the A4
> > > and A6 cars.

> > > They have increased the roof curve to make it look even sleeker and
> > > this results in the problem that a tall man (like myself) cannot sit
> > > on the back seats. Worst, the design have made the back door window
> > > even more slanted towards the front making it very difficult to climb
> > > in and out of the car.

> > > I would strongly suggest to Audi that they do redesign their A5 and A7
> > > roof line in order for tall adults to sit in the back.

> > I do not believe these two are designed with your stated purpose in
> > mind.
> > What prevents you from going the A6 or A8 route?

> Question of preference and as a client my choice is important.
> I am considering the A6 but I find the hatchback more convenient.
> I do prefer the A5 five door designs as long as they can fit adults in
> all four main seats.
> Remember the Saab 9000, much more practical then its sister car the
> Lancia Thema.
>
> I may settle for the Citroen C5 next time.

Since you can get C5 I assume you are in the market where A6 is
offered in a hatch trim also.
I'd sooner buy a station wagon than a hatch. It seems to me neither
fish nor fowl.
M6 is one possible exception, but it's a car on stilts so it's not
really a hatch you see.