Old February 14th 11, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Lamumba

Default Changing Generator brushes in the car.

In article >, Tuomas >
wrote:

> On 06/02/11 22:35, John Connolly wrote:
> > Use a length of thread to "hook" the spring and hold it out of the way
> > while you R&R the brushes.
> >

> Also use a piece of thin wire or thread to secure the spring to something
> solid so it won't get lost while working on it.
>
> New springs are not easy to find so you can't afford to lose them.
>
> I've lost two as I didn't learn from the first time.
>
> *SPRoinnnnnggg* says the spring and then it's somewhere, usually not to be
> seen ever again.

well, I did manage to sprong the spring off it's "tab" but I happened to
have a little magnet to retrieve it. getting it back on was the trick.
I guess in hindsight I should have moved the spring off to the side the
other way. to avoid it coming off the fixed point. No?
--
Karma, What a concept!