Old April 4th 09, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland

Default Cam Sensor Screeching When Cold

My idea is that it isn't the cam sensor. I don't know what it is, but I'd
not be expecting it to be the cam sensor. The cam sensor is essentially the
distributor. It's not really a distributor, but the few of them that I've
seen live in the same place and are driven off of the same gear. There are
even a few cam sensors that live on the plate that once held the points. I
don't know that your Jeep does it this way or not, but I'm thinking your
noise is not coming from this area.