Old March 19th 07, 08:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Robert A. Cunningham

Default Where's the Fit?

"Samson" > wrote in message
> About six months ago I heard there would be more Fits available by
> Spring 07. Seems they are still in short supply. Anybody know when
> we will start seeing more and why there are so few in Northern
> California?
>
> \Samson

I have been interested in the Honda Fit for months, after having read all of
the glowing reviews in Consumer Reports, Car and Driver, etc. I have also
visited four or five dealers in my area in order to see one, and perhaps,
take a test drive.. Not one dealer I visited ever had any in stock! Well,
that was the case, until I went to Honda Santa Ana on 3/18/07. They are
located in Santa Ana, in Orange County, CA and they had five or six IN
STOCK! I was blown away. And they were selling them close to list price,
maybe even a little below. I took a test drive, of a Sport model, with
manual transmission, and I was really impressed. Although I did not buy the
car I was treated very well by the sales staff, especially by Joe Pepper. I
should note that the reason I did not buy does not reflect badly on them. I
had no intention of buying a car today, as I had originally driven to a
nearby computer store (Micro Center) to pick up an advertised free camera
memory card, and I decided to stop in at the Honda dealer as a lark. When I
do buy a Fit, (and I definitely will buy one) I will go back to Honda Santa
Ana, even though it is about 30 miles from where I live. If anyone in
southern California reads this, and visits them to purchase, or whatever,
please mention my name, as I felt that they deserve my recommendation.
And, in case you are wondering, I don't not work for them, I had never been
there before 3/18/07 , and I did not know anyone who worked there.

Robert A. Cunningham