Old July 22nd 17, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
micky

Default Junk/salvage question

(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>>> In general, there's no such thing as an "unrepairable" car.>

>>Grandson bought a salvage Camaro. Lovely thing, and scared the **** out
>>of me when he took me for a ride. He put a lot of race mods on it and
>>was heartbroken when it broke in half. The frame. Broke in half.

>Was the frame spliced in the middle?
>
>I have seen a couple cars where they cut the front off one and the back
>off the other and spliced them together, and if it's done well it can be
>safe but if it's done poorly it breaks in half on the road.
>-scott

I'm not saying the frame was spliced, but my step-nephew talked my
brother into buying a lincoln continental, beautiful car, 2 maybe 4
years old, and the AC didn't work well. I tried recharging it,
measuring the output air temp, didn't help. Eventually a mechanic found
that the air duct under the dash, I guess, wasn't connected to the next
air duct and I guess the cold air was leaking out of the cabin. I
presume it was in some big accident.