Old June 13th 05, 04:15 AM

Default How to Paint Chipped Areas

Hi - Does anybody know of some sites or instructions for reparing areas
of paint that have been chipped off from stones?

I have searched the internet and can't find anythnig satisfactory.
Typically the instructions are for fixing one chip (which doesn't exist
in the real world). I have areas of a few square inches that would not
look too good if painted with a toothpick!

The current paint is just a solid GM red.

I need to know some details about blending the area with the rest of
the paint. Most instructions fail to cover this, and just say things
like "spray the primer", "spray the topcoat", without saying how far to
go around the work area:

-How far do you go with the primer?
-How far do you do with the topcoat?
-What compounds/work do you do to the final surface to blend it?

Obviously, for such a small area, I want to use spray cans. I realize
that the result is not the best, but what can be done (sanding/compunds
etc) to give better results?