Old June 22nd 04, 09:06 PM
Ypnos

Default Some more newbie questions

Hello again

As mentioned in a previous post, I'm a complete newbie, not only to Alfas
but to cars in general (only owned a car for a year). So I have a few
questions.... They will probably seem daft, but here goes anyway.

For an Alfa 156 1.8TS 16v - UK version

1) Cleaning the engine. How would I go about washing it safely? It's
absolutely filthy (not oil, just what it has been picking up off the road)!
2) Oil. I know it's been asked before, but I'm confused by the amount of
answers. I don't particularly want to send off for Selenia oil but I also
don't mind spending good money on good oil.
3) Engine coolant. It's less than a third full, should I fill it? Can I
drain it first? If so, how? What make of coolant?
4) Redex - Yes or no? Are there other cheaper makes that are just as good?
5) Would it make sense to have an FAQ with dumb questions like these?
6) Any other tips for a new driver?

Thank you in advance!