Old August 1st 04, 02:36 PM
Ramzi Nassar

Default 2005 S4 Cabriolet Newbie

Hi folks

This week, I hope to become an Audi Newbie. My new car is supposed to come
in Tuesday!! What a sweet thing - replacing a '91 M5 and an '84 Alfa
Spider!!

I saw a thread about "how much off MSRP" I should expect to pay for a 2004
S4 and gather there is no consensus out there - well here is my experience -
I was able to locate a 2004 S4 Cab (MT6) with 75 miles on the odo for ~ 4%
off MSRP. My 2005 S4 Cab MT6 is at MSRP - no budging. Does this sound right?

The two cars seem to be identical in terms of performance / interior (have
not seen my 2005 yet) etc. - the 2005 is Dolphin Grey (preferred) whereas
the 2004 is white. Both have the Ebony interior and are well equipped ('05
has carbon fiber trim).

Net net, the '05 will be ~$3K more - seems worth it for color / newer model
etc.. Thoughts?

Any feedback before I make the big plunge is greatly appreciated - please cc
on your reply.

Ramzi in Connecticut