Old June 29th 20, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Wade Garrett

Default Wal-Mart Auto Tire Scam

On 6/29/20 12:06 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 06/28/2020 03:02 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> In article >,
>> * > wrote:
>>> LMAO a blank webpage from Walmart saying it can't be found, looks
>>> like you failed.

>> It possible that webpage existed fourteen years ago when the message
>> you are
>> replying to was posted.
>>
>> Is the google interface so bad that people don't realize they are
>> replying
>> to messages that are decades old?

> I think it's more likely that stupid people just don't look at the
> dates.* Is it perhaps overkill to assume that the only people who read
> usenet via googlegroups are stupid?* Based on what I've seen, I think not.

I don't know about the stupidity angle. You see that sort of thing on TV
and other news websites all the time...showing a story that actually ran
last week, last month or last year either with no date on it or it's
there but in small, light gray mouse print.

Ya' sorta assume that what you're reading is current...

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?