Old January 2nd 08, 11:03 PM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

Default Check Engine Light With E85

"Neil" > wrote in message
. net...

> > But just because you read an article does not mean it pertains to your
> > vehicle until you find out what the fault code is.
> >

> That's true, and good point. I guess it was the article, combined with the
> fact that the light went off by itself (and then only went on again when I
> increased the concentration of E85) that makes me feel comfortable about

it.
> But, I need to get my state inspection this month, and am hoping the light
> goes off before that. So, whether the light goes off or stays on, I'll

have
> to bring it in and I'll get the code read. Or would I need to bring it to
> the dealer to get the code read?

If there is a fault code , it may have disabled an IM monitor. The vehicle
will not pass if all monitors have not been run. That's why I say to have
the fault code checked and make sure the problem is fixed. Some monitors
could take days to run and pass