Old October 6th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew Russotto

Default Just let them do it without saying a word or else.

In article >,
Daniel W. Rouse Jr. > wrote:
>"Brent P" > wrote in message
>>
>> Why is life becoming more like grade school? Someone is a total MFFY to
>> you, and if you object in the least you're the one that's the problem.
>>
>> http://www.lcsun-news.com/news/ci_10634834
>>
>> "According to court documents, York and his wife were in their car,
>> looking for a parking spot in the Target lot on East Lohman Avenue, when
>> they spotted a vehicle pulling out of a parking space. Before the Yorks
>> could pull into the space, an unidentified woman whipped into the spot
>> and parked.
>>

>I happen to have a different viewpoint of this reported incident and court
>settlement...
>
>That someone else gets into a parking space first happens in many crowded
>places, including shopping malls and beach area parking lots. It sucks, and
>is very inconsiderate, but parking is always about the one who can get into
>the spot first. That said, I would also agree that courtesy should be used,
>but technically it's not required by law (i.e., there is no vehicle code
>that I can find that requires yielding general/non-reserved/non-restricted
>parking spaces).

[...]
>> Gallegos, who happened to be on duty and in the parking lot, overheard
>> York, whose car windows were down, say either "bitch" or "what a bitch,"
>> the documents state.
>>

>Certainly not the worst of profane words, but it's profanity nevertheless

No, "bitch" is not profanity.

>and maybe could even eventually escalate to a road rage type of incident of
>some type if the profanity ends up getting a followup verbal response.

The taking of the spot by the bitch was the first move, so if you're
going to play "but fors", you have to start earlier than the verbal response.

>If he was out of his car, presumably, he had already found another parking
>space. So then cop says he *could* be arrested, and the guy doesn't leave
>well enough alone and argues with the cop? How STUPID is that? Just
>apologize to the officer and then let it be. (As I read it, the arrest
>didn't occur until after the argument and backup was called.)

You don't have to just smile and say "yes master, I'm sorry master";
that's not required by law. It's imprudent to do otherwise only
because cops are out of control.
--
It's times like these which make me glad my bank is Dial-a-Mattress