Old February 2nd 06, 01:43 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi 100 5cyl cold start problem

Just thought of something else. Are all of the wires connected especially
the idle valve. They could be corroded check them just pulling them off and
refitting a couple of times might help.

The rotor arm actually usually actually works the other way it will start
when cold but not hot, however I have had similar problems, I still think it
might be the fuel relay. Don't forget that once it gets going it has to keep
up the pressure and that takes more power to do so, so still try the bypass
that I suggested mine also had the cold start issue. Just tapping the relay
sometimes was enough during cranking to get it to start. If this has been
going on a while it is likely to have carbon deposits etc. You could always
take it out and take off the cover and have a look inside and see for
yourself.

By the way if it is make sure you buy the 5 cyl relaynot the 4 cylinder I
think there is an over rev cutout that will kill the engine at lower revs if
you get the wrong one.

PAul

oups.com...