Old February 6th 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Default VW powered generator

http://www.vw-industrial-engines.com....php?id=18&L=1

http://www.mi-uk.com/vw-history/
Volkswagen A.G. first began selling engines for industrial applications in
Germany in 1952. They began with the air-cooled boxer engines which were
used successfully in the following industries: Agriculture, Forestry,
Mining, Marine, Ground Handling, Municipal, Fire-fighting, Construction,
Military, Leisure, Power generation, communications...the list goes on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswa..._cooled_engine
In 1967-68, portable sawmill maker, Mighty Mite of Portland, OR., used VW
gasoline engines to power the circular saw blades of light sawmills. Later
as the US market for VW Beetles declined, the sawmill was modified for other
power.

news

http://www.opera.com/mail/