Old February 24th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Default Small hole too close to sidewall...

Wood Roach > wrote in news:968e05e9-d8ec-4fb7-bd72-
:

> Just looking for a tire expert opinon as to whether this hole is
> repariable. Tire shop said no and I can't find another tire like this
> one anywhere - so now I'm looking at 4 new ones!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/MSRoach/...ain2556017EBay

No reputable tire shop will fix that hole. It's way too close to the
sidewall.

The problem is that it's in an area where there is lots of flex, so any
patch/plug will eventually loosen, likely allowing sudden deflation at
speed.

You don't have to replace all four, just the two on that axle. Just make
sure the replacements have a tread pattern fairly similar to the originals.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/