Old April 21st 12, 03:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default end of mustang??

On Apr 18, 3:01*pm, "C. E. White" > wrote:
> "Jimbo/m..." > wrote in message

> > the mustang ended in 1973 .........

> I think in ended in 1970.

I think it ended in 1966. The '67-'70 were too big, too muscular
looking. Not small, light, and lithe, like the originals. And don't
get me started on the Batmobile-wannabee '71-'73s -- over-the-top,
flamboyant styling with no purpose. The Mustang IIs were a joke. The
'79-'93s had no classic Mustang cues to be a real Mustang. The
'94-'98s were bloated looking. The '99-04s, while trimmer, were still
too big and relied too much on plastic scoops. The '05-'09 were a
hodgepodge of previous designs, not an original. The same with the
'10-'13, plus it has too much muscle car aggression going on. So
there you have it -- a real Mustang hasn't been built since
1966.

I'm kidding, of course. They are all Mustangs. They all added to the
lineage and will soon help the Mustang survive to see its 50th
birthday.

Patrick