Old August 8th 08, 09:58 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
N8N

Default 55 returning? It had better not-the dumbest law since Prohibition

On Jul 10, 12:47*pm, wrote:
> On Jul 9, 5:41*pm, Brent P > wrote:
>
> > In Germany I found 90+mph was normal crusing on rural autobahns.

> Well, about something closer to home, like Long Island, or the NJPK or
> GSP above Middlesex county?

I've been tooling along the NJ turnpike before at 85 and had my doors
blown off by passing traffic. Including police officers. Haven't
been on it for a few years though, I don't know if it's changed or
not.

One thing I did notice was that lane discipline in NJ is far better
than I've been accustomed to down here in VA/MD/DC. That was very
pleasant.

nate