Old September 24th 17, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
micky

Default Grom Audio, adding USB and Bluetooth to your car radio

In rec.autos.tech, on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 11:01:57 -0400, micky
> wrote:

>There are one or two other companies that sell devices that have
>everything but the USB input, and I found something on ebay that had
>everything and was only $18.

Correction: It only has USB and AUX. When I came across it, totally by
chance, I didn't think I could add on even that much. I thought I'd
have to buy a newer radio, and I certainly hadn't considered Bluetooth.

> At that price it's worth trying it just in
>case it works, but based on the pictures, I don't think I could find one
>that fit my particular jack. Hmm. Now it says "Only 4 available" and
>the price has gone up to $20.

Correction, now for this particular car, it says 0 available but good
news, the price is down to $18.

If you want to look for more, the search terms are car kit .
I find that amazing considering there must be kits for all sorts of
things, but apparently they don't get to use the term car kit.

Crutchfield has 13 things, not all with good reviews:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-gdyc2k...free-Kits.html
I can't find the one I looked at before, unless it was the one for 89
dollars

but there are loads of other by lots of companies running from $40 to
270. the last one includes HD radio, but for that you have to mount an
antenna a little smaller than a bic lighter inside the windshield or so.