Old July 28th 10, 07:37 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Default New motor....

GT > wrote:

> >> Well, I'll be damned - it only bloody worked! Reset it to 12,244 (or
> >> something like that). Strange service interval!

> > It tries to work it out based on driving style and so on AIUI.

> Clever - I just assumed it was a KM distance converted to miles and not
> rounded - I didn't bother reaching for the calculator though!

The 156 computer is nowhere near as clever as that.

It's based on 20,000km, converted to 12427 miles.

Note sure if the 147 based cars, like the GT, are different, though.

(My Passat TDI had variable service lengths - I once got it down to
around 6k miles, but I'd also seen it hit as much as 24k miles between
services, which is a tad scary)
--
SteveH