Old January 31st 09, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
PeterD

Default 4wd not working!

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:03:16 -0800 (PST), wildman7718
> wrote:

>I have a 96 S-10 with the zr2 off road package that I use to plow
>snow. Recently after attempting to plow a 13" snowfall, I realized my
>4wd is not working. I traced down the problem and the transfer case
>is engaging the front driveshaft, but the hubs aren't engaging. DOes
>anyone have any ideas? they would be greatly apreciated.

Just a WAG, but I'd guess either hubs or there is a locking 'motor' on
the front axle.

On my old Isuzu Troopers I always replaced the 'automatic' hubs with
manual ones (available from the dealer, easy to install) and I plowed
with 'em for years that way. Only way to go!