Old November 28th 20, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
The Real Bev[_5_]

Default What terminology means a soft ride?

On 11/27/2020 10:11 AM, micky wrote:
> In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 27 Nov 2020 09:24:02 -0800, The Real Bev
> > wrote:

>>> You can't beat an '83 LeBaron Town & Country for style and comfort.

>>My 88 Eldorado had a nice unbumpy ride, but it tended to wallow in
>>mountain driving. I sent it to the wreckers because it tried to kill me
>>once too often.
>>
>>Throttle problem, apparently unfixable due to parts no longer being
>>available even at local wrecking yards. Yes, I had witnesses.
>>Fortunately it had good brakes.

> There was an Eldorado convertible for sale when I bought my Buick
> Centurion, in 1980, but I thought it would make me look too fancy. It
> needed repairs to maybe. I sort of wish I'd bought it.
>
> Maybe it would have killed me.

Maybe it was a REAL throttle in 1980... I'll never buy another GM
product or even accept one as a gift. I wish my mom had asked me before
buying it, I would have told her to get a Lexus or something.

--
Cheers, Bev
"The last thing you want is for somebody to commit suicide