Old November 27th 20, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

Default What terminology means a soft ride?

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 27 Nov 2020 09:24:02 -0800, The Real Bev
> wrote:

>On 11/27/2020 07:13 AM, Jon Voight wrote:
>> On 11/27/2020 9:02 AM, micky wrote:
>>> I don't need a new car now but I will and I want to understand
>>> terminology.
>>>
>>> I want a car with soft ride so I will not feel the bumps.

>> You can't beat an '83 LeBaron Town & Country for style and comfort.

>My 88 Eldorado had a nice unbumpy ride, but it tended to wallow in
>mountain driving. I sent it to the wreckers because it tried to kill me
>once too often.
>
>Throttle problem, apparently unfixable due to parts no longer being
>available even at local wrecking yards. Yes, I had witnesses.
>Fortunately it had good brakes.

There was an Eldorado convertible for sale when I bought my Buick
Centurion, in 1980, but I thought it would make me look too fancy. It
needed repairs to maybe. I sort of wish I'd bought it.

Maybe it would have killed me.