Old December 20th 05, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default Ford Explorer Sport 2001

I'm sure new tires will help. I would also suggest taking your
Explorer out to an empty parking lot after it has snowed and tear it
up. Practice starting, stopping and slidding. Driving rear wheel drive
in the show is very different the front wheel drive. You need to get
comfortable with the way the car will react in the snow. I grew up in
upstate NY and learned to drive in the snow. I now live in VA where we
get very little snow. Every year it amazes me the number of 4x4's I
see stuck in the ditch. People seem to think that just because they
have 4 wheel drive, they won't slip and slide.