Old December 27th 05, 06:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default The perfect storm

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:32:39 -0600,
(Brent P) wrote:

>> One can also keep the original PCM (or buy one from a wrecked vehicle
>> in a junkyard) and simply swap it back in.

>The offical installer may confiscate the original, old ones may become
>illegal to sell from junks as are used cat-cons. Sure there will be an
>underground market, but it will be difficult.

In that case, won't pre-1982 vehicles also be illegal to sell? We'll
be lucky if people who bought their pre-1982 vehicles before the
mandate will be allowed to keep them; selling these rolling loopholes
will be out of the question.

>Actually some of the post '82 computer controlled carburator cars would
>be useful too.

You mean like the "crossfire injection" engines GM made in the early
80s? ROFLMAO!!