Old December 27th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Leopold Stotch[_2_]

Default Bait & switch at Vee Dub parts Unlimited

whitefordtruck wrote:
> Leopold Stotch wrote:
>> A Veteran wrote:
>>> Months ago I ordered some tires at the price in the latest "Hot VW's mag.
>>> and they said that was the "old" prices and they up-date the ad's every
>>> three months. I said that the old prices has been around 4 months , and
>>> then they said the "reserve the right to change prices w/o notice."
>>> Isn't that the old "bait and switch" method to get you??
>>> should we expose such practices ?

>> As long as they tell you the price before you complete the transaction I
>> see no problem. Price do fluctuate and there is a lead time associated
>> with getting advertising artwork submitted to a magazine before
>> printing. An ad in a magazine is not a type of binding contract. They
>> have the right to change prices and you have the right not to buy the
>> item at the new price. I just don't see an issue here.

> Yeah, national mags have different laws and whatnot. most states have anti
> bait-and-switch laws "truth in advertising' to prevent this sort of thing.

All you got to do is tell them to F**k themselves if you don't like the
deal. I don't see the problem here. God, have we all turned into such
bed wetting children that we think we need to call in the Feds to
protect us from every little thing? If you don't like the deal, don't
buy the merchandise. It's not like they got a gun to your head. Grow a
pair and hang up the phone if you don't like the price.