Old December 21st 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Leopold Stotch[_2_]

Default Bait & switch at Vee Dub parts Unlimited

A Veteran wrote:
> Months ago I ordered some tires at the price in the latest "Hot VW's mag.
> and they said that was the "old" prices and they up-date the ad's every
> three months. I said that the old prices has been around 4 months , and
> then they said the "reserve the right to change prices w/o notice."
> Isn't that the old "bait and switch" method to get you??
> should we expose such practices ?

As long as they tell you the price before you complete the transaction I
see no problem. Price do fluctuate and there is a lead time associated
with getting advertising artwork submitted to a magazine before
printing. An ad in a magazine is not a type of binding contract. They
have the right to change prices and you have the right not to buy the
item at the new price. I just don't see an issue here.