Old December 21st 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Bait & switch at Vee Dub parts Unlimited

On Dec 20, 10:28 am, A Veteran > wrote:
> Months ago I ordered some tires at the price in the latest "Hot VW's mag.
> and they said that was the "old" prices and they up-date the ad's every
> three months. I said that the old prices has been around 4 months , and
> then they said the "reserve the right to change prices w/o notice."
> Isn't that the old "bait and switch" method to get you??
> should we expose such practices ?
>
> --
> when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
> All problems look like nails.

I think if you look at a lot of the ads in the magazine you'll find a
similar disclaimer, albeit in pretty small print. Some of them will
say "prices supercede all other ads" or something like that. Doesn't
mean I necessarily agree with it, though it does suck about three
month lead time with the magazines publication and all, as these kinds
of issues will come up from time to time. I would think they'd honor
the price if they would want to keep your business.