Old March 17th 13, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default "cockpitLookDeadZone" affects Centering Spring

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Latest development.
I am still researching all this, but it looks like, the bigger
Centering Spring, the higher you have to have cockpitLookDeadZone.
Now, I researched this all the way, and I realized that the most
natural FFB feels like when you have Centering Spring CHECKED. But this
DOESN'T work with the default cockpitLookDeadZone of 0.050000 (that's
iRacing's default, I presume that Logitech's default should be 1.000000).
Instead, this works pretty well with something like 0.800000 on my system.
It looks like, when unchecked it sends only something like 10% of
Centering Spring, which isn't enough.

Well, now everything works like it should have worked from the day
1.
So, cokpitLookDeadZone should be 1.000000, and Centering Spring
should be checked.

No, Centering Spring should be unchecked (thanks good). This works
also with unchecked Centering Spring.
So, the trick actually is to put "cockpitLookDeadZone" to 1.000000.
It is as good as when iRacing allowed LINEAR FFB. This is again some
"smart" iRacing's invention, that messes everything up, just like
unlinearity.