Old January 15th 05, 05:49 PM
Mike Romain

If you aren't getting the timing correct you can have the symptoms you
are describing. If the valves aren't closing at the right times you
will have little or no compression and it will backfire out the throttle
body.

The oil drip can happen when you are removing the head and doesn't
always mean a blown gasket.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's