Old December 23rd 09, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Buzz[_2_]

Default 1996 SL ENGINE RACING PROBLEM

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 04:18:05 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

>In article >, Buzz > wrote:
>>My '96 SL single cam has 185K on the clock, and has been running fine.
>>A few weeks ago I changed the oil and hosed off the motor with a
>>garden hose.

>Why the hell did you do that???

I have always changed my own oil on this SL since it was new.
When you pull the oil filter, oil runs all down the back of the block,
rubber suspension/ steering boots, and the frame. I always pour a
bucket of soapy water on that area, and hose it off with a garden
hose. It's not high pressure, so I'm not really getting it any
"wetter" than driving in a rain storm, I figger.