Old March 1st 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

Default Nitrogen in tires

Jan Andersson wrote:
> Esteban wrote:
>> Hi folks, quick question for the folks in the know. Yesterday I took
>> the wife's 05 Mustang in for the 30,000 mile check up. The service
>> writer asked me if I wanted nitrogen in the tires, the cost would be
>> $32.50. With all due respect to myself, I ain't no rocket scientist.
>> I know about and why they use nitrogen in aircraft tires...but, why
>> would anyone pay extra to have nitrogen in auto tires.
>> Please, someone help me understand this.
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>>

> To slow down the aging of the rubber?

Larger molecules, don't leak out. Way too extremely expensive IMHO.

--
"Yah know I hate it when forces gather in ma' fringe..." - Sheogorath

"Contacting shutterfly help is an exercise in stupidity
as they can't seem to grasp the fact it's NOT MY BLOODY
ACCOUNT and some ******, one crack pipe short of a holiday,
has signed me up in a system that has no closed loop
confirmation yet has credit card information for billing." - Rev.
Beergoggles