Old March 9th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Honda Civic 1999, P0135, Oxygen Sensor Change, D16Y7 --- TheStory ....

There really isn't a "universal" oxygen sensor that fits all cars.
Oxygen sensors have different response profiles, even among the
popular heated narrow band type.

However, since groups of sensors (eg. heated narrow band) may have the
same response profile, it's possible to splice on the old connector to
a new "universal" one of the *same response profile*. That's where
Bosch's "universal" line comes in. They're actually like 12 different
types. I've used them with good results.

Bosch universal heated sensors:
http://www.boschautoparts.com/Produc...tedSensors.htm

So pick sensors only based on manufacturer's application catalog, not
by "cross referencing".

IMO NTK sensors and NGK spark plugs (actually NTK/NGK are the same
company) are superior to Denso. However, for sensors I'd go for Bosch
planar.