Old December 13th 04, 08:18 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2004-12-13, Lanny Chambers > wrote:
> In article >,
> Grant Edwards > wrote:
>
>> > They don't bear any weight at all.

>> If so, there's a _lot_ of misinformation being spread by people
>> (including wheel manufacturers and car mags). According to
>> Ronal USA's web site:

> You trust a company that sells wheels adorned by Teddy bears??

Personally? No; I believe you're right. I was just pointing
out the abundance of mis-information (even from people who
_ought_ to know).

I always thought those teddy-bear were just a gag, then I saw a
picture on a personal web-page of somebody's car with the
teddy-bear wheels.

>> According to Sport Compact Car magazine:

> Another known source of advertiser-driven misinformation.

Apparently.

>> A set of rings is only 10-15 USD, and it seems like good
>> insurance.

> Removing the wheels again seems like a waste of time. If it ain't
> broke...

I swap wheels three or four times a year (sometimes in rather a
hurry) and I prefer to minimize the sources of error. IOW, I
don't trust myself to tighten the lug-nuts in the proper order.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! ... bleakness...
at desolation... plastic