Old July 7th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Default 2000 Passat 1.9 TDI, Auto, reverse light switch...........

Doesn't it use a "relay" for the reverse lights?
The old Passats used the switch at the gear selector, but since 1990 I think
it uses a relay now for the automatics.
The early ones (1990-) could have the reverse lights come on if there was a
problem too with the electrical components of the automatic transmission.

news:1206213_bfffca384c205ca147c4b40c2fe67ace@auto boardz.com...