Old February 26th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
N8N

Default Next winter Im buying Blizzak snow tires!!

On Feb 26, 3:21*pm, wrote:
> N8N > wrote:
> > I picked up
> >some used and ugly rims so I can swap them myself.

> Is buying some doff rims something your would strongly
> advise doing? *Or just having the tires swapped to
> current rims and back each year ok?

Depends on your local costs. Around here a single tire mounted and
balanced is $25 or more, so that's $200 a year just to swap - I think
I probably did pay about $50 apiece for the rims, so in two years they
pay for themselves. plus if you have chrome or aluminum rims, road
salt eats 'em up.

nate