Old February 26th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mike Romain

Default Next winter Im buying Blizzak snow tires!!

wrote:
> N8N > wrote:
>
>> I picked up
>> some used and ugly rims so I can swap them myself.

> Is buying some doff rims something your would strongly
> advise doing? Or just having the tires swapped to
> current rims and back each year ok?

I live in Canada where winter tires are needed and worked in garages for
a number of years and the best is to have spare rims and tires. The
tires suffer some amount of damage every time they get removed, do it
enough times and they leak or need tubes.

The shops around here offer sales on rims when it's winter tire season
usually.

Mike
'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build
Photos:
http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfl