Old February 26th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
N8N

Default Next winter Im buying Blizzak snow tires!!

On Feb 26, 9:37*am, wrote:
> Have a 2000 Mazda Protege ES
>
> Normally run all season tires al year round here in
> north Missouri.
>
> But this winter has been so crappy that next year I'm
> buying dedicated snow tires such as Blizzaks!! *I need
> that extra braking power.
>
> Would like to hear form others who are doing same thing
> and can tell me if the "snow tire shuffle" is worth it
> every year?

Yes. Of course I drive a Porsche 944, so it's utterly worthless on
ice without snow tires. YMMV. I'm running Dunlop Winter Sport M3s as
Tire Rack had them at a deep discount last year (don't drive the car
that much, they should be good for a couple winters.) I picked up
some used and ugly rims so I can swap them myself.

nate