Old June 20th 11, 11:24 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

Default New A4 owner: first impressions, Bentley manual justification,extra key cost at the dealer,

On Jun 19, 1:39*am, D. LaCourse > wrote:
> On 2011-06-16 04:21:37 -0400, AD > said:
>

> > I pushed the steering wheel all the way in, but the only way to get my
> > hands fully extended
> > was to tilt the seat backwards. Could not find an upright position
> > with hands fully extended
> > where I could reach the clutch. I guess I'll have to get used to
> > porsche-like semi reclined seating.
> > Not such a big deal.

> Hands fully extended? *Ain't no way to drive. *Adjust your seat so that
> your wrists rest on top of the steering wheel. *You may have to adjust
> the steering wheel also. *With your wrists resting on top of the
> steering wheel, your arms will have the *necessary* bend in them when
> your hands are at 9 and 3. *Read that again - I am not suggesting that
> you drive your car with your wrists on top of the steering whell. *It
> is simply a measuring technique.
>
> I taught cops high speed pursuit driving for a number of years. *The
> above is the proper technique for best results. *With your hands at 9
> and 3, you can get out of most situations. *With your arms fully
> extended, you will not have the dexterity necessary.

Ok, I prefer 10 & 2 but with the right hand on the shifter most of the
time that leaves 10 o'clock.
I guess my hands do have a slight bend as the adjustment limits don't
allow for as much extension as I'd like despite
the fully recessed steering wheel.

Unrelated: the fuel pictogram lit today and I poured in about 40liters
(about 11 U.S gallons).
Oddly, the fuel gauge indicates about 5/8th to 11/16th of a tank.
Thoughts?

ContiProContacts are slowly growing on me.