Old April 13th 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lol[_4_]

Default g25 woes

"Juarez" > wrote in message
> On 08/04/2010 4:00 AM, Lol wrote:
>> G25 used to work perfectly, but in trying to get a Logitech gamepad to
>> work
>> for the youngling's foorball game I stupidly installed updated drivers
>> for
>> that device.
>> Err.. it was a Logitech, and my G25 now does not initialise on power on.
>> The
>> found new hardware wizard gives a "problem installing this device" etc.
>> I remember all this happening when I first got the G25, and was so
>> foolish
>> as to update the driver to the latest 508. That killed it then in just
>> the
>> same way. I remember that I only recovered by using a recent Acronis
>> image
>> backup.
>>
>> I've just tried that and it didn't work - neither did uninstalling all
>> Logitech software from add/remove and re-installing the driver that used
>> work - v5.0.
>>
>> Surely it is just a registry entry somewhere - surely somewhere here
>> knows
>> the problem - and solution??
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Lol
>>

> Can't you just load a restore point from before installing the gamepad
> driver? Logitech gamepads don't need a driver installed because Windows
> has drivers built in for gamepads and the game will allow you to
> reconfigure which buttons do what. You can just email Logitech and ask
> them how to fix it. The two drivers should never conflict anyway so it is
> Logitechs fault.

Thanks for reply.
I already tries system restore and that didn't work, fortunately I take an
Acronis True Image backup about every month so I had to backtrack 2-3 months
until I got one that worked
Unfortunately I can't prove that the cause is Logitech drivers, maybe random
cause and effect that after installing Logitech .508 driver updates any USB
gaming device gives "problem installing this device" message. Windows must
have its own drivers as now that I've found and Acronis backup that gives me
a working wheel no Logitech drivers are installed for either G25 wheel or
gamepad and both working just fine.

Not inclined to experiment further with my pc for Logitech's benefit now
that it is working - just avoid ... avoid ... avoid.

Shame as the G25 is a superb wheel - happy with just LFS and GPL ingame
settings
Thanks,
Lol