Old July 19th 14, 04:45 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

Default When did BMW's get sports mode?

"really real" > wrote in message
>I sat in my cousin's 2010 381 Sports Wagon today and was amazed to see that
>it doesn't have sports mode. When did sports mode start?
>

> I suppose her 381 drives more sportingly than my wife's new 381 Sports
> Wagon drives in comfort mode. I know the older steering feels more
> precise, so I wonder if the suspension feels more sporty in the older
> model as well.

381?

Sports Mode, like a button or something? They never put a button in the 3
Series cars, but there was (is) a Sports Package that gives stiffer springs,
an upgraded wheel package and better seats.

The really big question in my mind is that you ask when a feature started,
but go on to point out that your current model car is not equipped with it.
Under this circumstance, it seems to me that the question would be when they
took the feature out.