Old January 4th 14, 03:51 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Steve[_65_]

Default Trickle Charging a C7 battery

On or about Fri, 03 Jan 2014 17:30:28 -0500, Smarty
> wrote or did cause to be written:

>I did not realize that the Z06 fob was different. Neither my C5 or C6
>fobs can store the key, although I have seen / owned other fobs
>(Porsche, Acura, Lexus) which use this internal design which now shows
>up on the C7.

All 2005-2007 C6's had an external key. All 2008-2013 C6's had an
internal key. The 2007 user's manual showed the new FOB design with
the internal key but GM had issues with it so they stayed with the
external key through the entire '07 model year.

I prefer the external key detached and kept safely at home. You almost
never need it and the last thing you want when you do manage to lock
the FOB inside the car is for the key to be there also.