Old March 22nd 13, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
jim beam[_4_]

Default How would you store a mildly used electric fuel pump?

On 03/21/2013 07:25 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 03/21/2013 10:11 PM, jim beam wrote:

>>> probably not a bad idea, although I would have suggested Diesel fuel for
>>> the small amount of wax in it after it evaporates. Old farmer trick.
>>> Just don't get any on the electric motor portion, just the bits with
>>> seals, exposed uncoated metal, etc. Petroleum based solvents can cause
>>> the windings to swell (or so the story goes, and why take the chance?)
>>> and I would assume that they could wipe out the lube in any
>>> bushings/bearings on the motor shaft.

>> for a pump that otherwise lives inside a fuel tank, how exactly do you
>> think "swelling" [pfffffft!!!!] or "wipe out" is going to happen inside
>> a plastic bag? anosognosic retard.
>>

> read for comprehension ****stick, he also referred to a starter motor
> and alternator.

ah, so not only is comprehension an issue, the hamster brain is easily
distracted too. next time nate, re-read the POST TITLE before insisting
how ****ing stoooopid you really are.

> You ought to feel stupid now but we all know you will just somehow
> rationalize it to yourself somehow.

you couldn't rationalize your way off being stuck to the side of a
toilet bowl.

--
fact check required