Old March 21st 13, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Vic Smith

Default How would you store a mildly used electric fuel pump?

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:44:01 -0700 (PDT), muzician21
> wrote:

>Wondering what considerations there would be in storing a used
>electric fuel pump that likely has a fair number of miles left in it.
>
>Suggestions?
>
>Thanks.

Maybe coat it with a shot of WD-40 and wrap it in Saran wrap.
Then bag it.
I've got some fairly new parts coming off the car I'm junking because
they'll fit my new car.
Alternator, starter motor, coil packs, spark module, A/C compressor,
condenser.
Except for the condenser which I'll just plug, that's what I'm
thinking of doing. Might be years before I use them.
So I'm watching this to see other advice.
I'll have to go buy WD-40. Don't like it, but I hear this is what
it's made for.