Old June 26th 12, 07:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Dad. Found you on CAC

"uncle_vito" > wrote in message
.com...

> I think there is a cultural difference base on where we live.
> Appears you live in Michigan and I live in Southern Calif. Domestic
> vehicles are in the minority here.

No, I do not live in Michigan but it would be a step or two up from
California.

> In fact, if you drive a domestic vehicle, I think you are looked
> upon as being something of a bumpkin.

That will never happen to me, I'll never be in California again, what
a waste land. I spent a week in L.A. putting on a training seminar and
did find a few good restaurants. May start to pray for that big one to
get it dumped into the sea.

> I think Chevy would sell more vehicles here if they were to remove
> all the gold bow tie symbols from their cars.

Corvette does not have a bow tie, what's your point.

> I agree with you that I do not think Corvette is the flagship of the
> GM brand. Not sure an OHV engine with no variable valve timing or
> direct injection can ever be considered praiseworthy.

I didn't say it wasn't the flagship or "best" nor did I say it was,
can you read at all? You're really stuck on the VVT & DI aren't you?
Why then does my granddaughters Pontiac kick the crap out of her Mom's
Honda for gas mileage by nearly 10% and a better ride with twice the
miles on it?

> I like the Cad with their modern GM engine variants as state of the
> art for GM. GM has to keep up with reliabiliy and get the resale
> value up.

Of course you are talking about the Corvette LSX engine that is in the
"V" series Cadillac's. The '92 Eldorado I had was not a Northstar, had
it 5 years and 118K, the Seville was a Northstar, it was a slug, 1
year and 11K and it was gone. Like I said on CAC if they screw up the
push rod engine I may skip the C7.