Old January 12th 12, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D E Willson

Default CD Players On Their way Out

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:39:07 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Jan 11, 1:50*pm, "biofilm" > wrote:
>> " > wrote in message

>> > Won't be long and CD players will be just a old, quaint accessory at a
>> > future car show.

>> >http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...04-automakers-...

>> Foxbody - some had cassett tape players
>>
>> remember 8 track tapes *--- very rare
>>
>> remember 4 track tapes ? *cant find them now.
>>
>> saw one car with a LP turntable in the middle, looong time ago.

>Though each succeeding technology was better than the previous, it
>wasn't until CDs that stored music was decent. I hated 8-tracks and
>cassettes. Seemed just when you really wanted to hear your favorite
>music, suddenly the tape deck would eat it. You would try to pull it
>out and save it, but by the time you did you'd have twisted tape all
>over the damn car.

Yep. Remember how many stripped out cassets you could see along the
roads? 8 Track, which right in the middle of a song went kaa chunk.

digital is great. Very little space required. far superior to CD
storage and use.