Old December 29th 10, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Default Immigrant Rights Groups Demand End to DUI Checkpoints - Call them RACIST

Lil Abner > wrote in :

> On 12/28/2010 8:10 PM, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS
> wrote:
>>
>> http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/...eckpoints.html
>>
>> December 27, 2010
>> DUI Checkpoints Deemed to Be Racist
>>
>> California's colonization by illegal aliens with a well-known penchant
>> for driving drunk may put an end to the inconvenience of DUI
>> checkpoints, which moonbat activists deem to be racist:
>>
>> Two local advocate groups for undocumented immigrants have publicly
>> accused the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County
>> Sherriff's Department of using DUI checkpoints to legally seize
>> thousands of cars.
>>
>> The Southern California Immigration Coalition and the South Central
>> Neighborhood Council claim DUI checkpoints are strategically placed in
>> and around Hispanic communities as a trap to catch unlicensed and
>> undocumented drivers. …
>>
>> "In one impound, four cars were impounded because of drunk driving and
>> 60 cars were impounded because of a lack of a license," said Julia
>> Wallace of the South Central Neighborhood Council. "It's obvious to us
>> that for one, these things are targeting working class people,
>> undocumented immigrants, that do not have a license but are really
>> just abiding the law otherwise and are not drunk."
>>
>> Here's an example of the usefulness of the Newspeak euphemisms
>> liberals speak in. If she had said, "illegal aliens" who are abiding
>> by the law other than driving drunk and without licenses, it would be
>> even harder to keep a straight face. After all, the term "illegal"
>> does have a legal meaning.

> Evidently, since they are not usually Citizens they don't have to abide
> by US and California Laws.

DUI checkpoints are not "racist",they are unconstitutional.
Police stop people who are going about their lawful private travel,without
any probable cause or warrent,and question them while looking at the
interior of their vehicle. That's a search,and an unconstitutional one.
it's government interference with free travel.

Just because they use one particular mode of transportation does not negate
their Constitutional rights,nor should they have to cede a right to use
that mode of transportation.

yeah,I don't like the Newspeak "undocumented aliens" either.
but this IS a -driving- NG.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik